3. How to use
Drop shippable products
To be drop shipped, a product must have stock in the Drop Ship warehouse.
To easily update stock in this warehouse, you can use the “import” tab in the warehouse view.
Once a product is in stock in the drop ship warehouse, it will be displayed as “in stock” on your website, and can be used for dropship.
Drop shippable order items
When a new order is placed, ERP will use the routing feature to assign a warehouse for each order item (you can see the warehouse assigned in the “inventory” tab in the order view.
Only items having the “Dropship warehouse” assigned will be dropshippable.
If you want to change the fullfilment mode for an order item (force a drop ship or dispatch it from your own warehouse), you must change the warehouse assigned for the order item in the order view, “Inventory” tab.
The main drop ship screen is available in menu ERP > Drop Shipping. This screen contains 4 tabs, one for each step of the drop ship workflow:
- Items to drop ship : contains order items to drop ship, you can create a new drop ship from here
- Pending supplier validation : contains drop ship request pending the supplier approval. Note : this step is optional and can be disabled in stores > configuration > boostmyshop > drop shipping > general
- Pending supplier shipping : contains drop ship accepted by the supplier, and awaiting shipping confirmation
- History : contains complete drop ship
Items to drop ship
You get here every orders having at least one product assigned to the “drop ship” warehouse.
To send a drop ship request to your supplier, you must select the supplier in the drop down menu, fill the buying price (optional) and click on the “Apply” button.
The supplier drop down menu is split into 2 parts :
- Associated suppliers : this is the suppliers associated to the product (use menu erp > product / supplier association to manage the association)
- Other suppliers : contains the list of EVERY suppliers
The supplier can be automatically selected in the drop down menu. This is the “default supplier” concept, here are the conditions :
- Option stores > configuration > boostmyshop > drop ship > Default supplier > Select default supplier in drop ship screen is enabled
- Supplier MUST be associated to the product
- If there are several suppliers available, you can define the rules to select the “best supplier” in stores > configuration > boostmyshop > drop ship > Default supplier
When you select a supplier, the buying price is automatically updated based on the price in the product / supplier association
Sending a drop ship to a supplier has several impacts :
- In the drop ship screen, the order goes to tab “Pending supplier validation” (or shipping if you disabled the validation step).
- A new purchase order is created (visible in erp > purchase order) with status “to confirm”.
- This purchase order has a prefix “DS-” (for Drop Ship).
- An email is sent to the supplier, with the Purchase Order details
- Going into this purchase order, a new tab “Drop Ship” is available”, to easily retrieve the matching sales order
- If you print the purchase order PDF, you will see that the shipping address is the customer adress. Also, a packing slip is attached to the purchase order pdf. This way, your supplier can put YOUR packing slip directly in the parcel.
- If you go in the sales order, a new “Drop ship” tab summarizes every drop ship associated to this order
Pending supplier validation
This tab contains drop ship sent to supplier, for which you expect the supplier approval.
This step is optional and can be disabled in stores > configuration > boostmyshop > general > Enable supplier validation step
For each drop ship record, you get :
- Link to the sales order and to the purchase order
- Product prices
- Cancel button : if you cancel the drop ship, it will delete the associated purchase order. And the order goes back to the “Items to drop ship” tab
- Confirm : move the drop ship to the “Pending supplier shipping” tab and change the purchase order status to “Expected”
Pending supplier shipping
This is the final step, you must go here when the supplier confirms the drop ship.
Fill the tracking number (if exists), fill the buying prices and shipping cost and click on the confirm button :
- A shipment is created for the sales order
- The shipment notification email is sent to the customer (if you enabled the “notify customer” option in the current tab)
- The purchase order status goes to “Complete”
- Drop ship goes into the “History” tab