This is the main screen of Point of Sales, from where orders will be processed.
More information on this screen available features in the previous documentation section : Point Of Sales - Checkout.
Displays the list of orders in magento, according to the current store selected.
Clicking on an order, you can get the order details and re-print invoice / receipt.
Customers menu displays the list of the customers.
Clicking on a customer, you get the customer details but also the orders history for the current customer.
The reports menu displays several reports to analyse your business.
Every reports use the date range set at the top (from and to text boxes). If you change these settings, click on the “Refresh” button to apply.
- Totals : this is the turnover for the selected period and the selected store.
- Payments : summarizes the total per payment method
- Best sellers : displays the best seller products (quantity and total)
- Sales by vendor : this is the turnover per vendor
You can print the Z-Report using the “Print Z-Report” button at the top of the screen.
The Z-Report is designed to summarize every details for the sales and payments for the current date.
You can print the Z-Report on your receipt printer, it uses the same layout.
Z-Report details :
- Report date : the date when the report has been printed
- Register : current user and store name
- Start date / closing date : dates configured in the reports screen
- Opening total : this is the cash drawer level at the beginning of the period
- Item sales : total sales
- Item returns : total of items returned
- Tax : total of taxes
- Total : total of the sales + taxes minus returns
- Tax collected : this is a summary of the taxes grouped by tax rate
- Total per method : this is the total of the payments grouped by payment method
- Transaction per method : this is the number of payments grouped by payment method
- Sales : displays the list of the sales with the payment records (if a sale contains several payment records, it is displayed -several time)
- Cash drawer expected: this is the value of the cash drawer at the end of the period
This shortcut will lead you to the module configuration.
More information on how to configure the module there : Point Of Sales - Configuration.
Cash drawer opening value
At the start of each day, you can enable a cash drawer opening pop-up to define the amount of money being in the cash drawer :
That pop-up can be enabled from the module configuration : Point Of Sales - Cash drawer configuration.
Then, this opening amount will be displayed on Z-Reports generated from POS :
Like that, you will be able to get a correct value on Z-Reports for the line “Cash drawer expected”, where expected amount will be the total amount of opening value plus all sales orders made from POS.