To manage low stock alerts and optimize replenishemnt, Connect uses 2 stock levels :
- Warning stock level : this is the reorder point, when available stock goes below this limit, the alert is raisen in the supply needs
- Ideal stock level : this is the target stock level to reach to handle future sales
Warning stock level
Ideal stock level
Qty to purchase
Note : stock alert are available in the replenishment / supply needs screen
Edit low stock levels
The default values for warning and ideal stock level can be configured in the warehouse view, in supply needs section :
By default all products use these default settings, however, there are several ways to apply a custom value to products.
You can change values from the product view :
You can edit levels from menu Inventory > Stock helper :
Import a csv file
You can mass import from a csv file :
- Go in menu Inventory > Warehouses > Select warehouse
- Select tab "Import"
- Upload a csv file
Note : to apply specific warning or ideal stock levels, your csv file must include columns use_config_warning_stock_level and use_config_ideal_stock_level with value 0
Low stock calculation algorithm
Connect can automatically update warning and ideal stock levels based on sales history
Here is how work the algorithm :
1. Calculate the average sales per week
This is done using the sales history comuting the average value for the 3 ranges :
2. Calculate ideal stock period
This is the period of sales we want to cover to make sure we wont go out of stock.
This period is the sum of :
- The warehouse optimal stock level duration (can be configured in the warehouse view, under the supply needs section)
- The product's primary supplier lead time : this is the sum of supplier's shipping delay + supply delay (configurable in the supplier view)
3. Calculate the warning stock level
Warning stock level is always a percentage of the ideal stock level.
You can configure this percentage in the warehouse view :
4. Additional information
- You can exclude a product from the autmatic low stock calculation in the stock helper screen :
- If the warning / ideal stock level result is between 0 and 1, but not 0, the result is rounded to 1
Enable automatic low stock update
Before you enable automatic update, you can check calculation results in thestock helper screen :
To automatically update low stock levels, follow these steps :
- Enable it in the warehouse view > Main tab > Supply needs section > Enable low stock automatic update = yes
- Go in the "Cron" integration, and schedule "Update low stock level" to "Once a day" and save :
Stock Helper The stock helper screen has been designed to help you to optimize your products ideal & warning stock levels depending of procurement and sales history data. To reach the stock helper screen : In the stock helper grid, you will find one ...
Stock Take The Stock Take feature has been made to help you realize your stock-takes. It’s available from menu Inventory > Stock Take. 1. Creation To create a new stock transfer, access its main screen first (Inventory > Stock Take). Then once the ...
Quick Start - Stock management
Warehouses Everything starts with Warehouse configuration. By default, 1 warehouse is created. If you wish to rename it, select menu Inventory > Warehouses, click on the warehouse, update the name and save. For more details about warehouses : ...
Kit stock management
Overview This article explains how Boostmyshop can manage stock level for kit products. If you want to use this feature, make sure that you dont use pack products in Prestashop or bundle products in Magento ! Boostmyshop calculates the stock ...
Stock level backup
Stock level backup Connect is able to process a backup of your warehouse(s) stock levels everyday, saving results in CSV files that will then be available for download from the warehouse screen. Setup All the stock levels backup will be setup through ...