CreationTo create a new Return, 2 options:Go in sales > Customer returns, click on button “Create RMA for order” and in the next screen, select the order to returnGo in the order to return, select the “RMA” tab and click on button “Create order”
Here we can find the basic information about customer name, reference number, customer email, status, shipping address,messages and comments.
In this screen you will be able to see the items for RMA like reasons,request and comments with the quantity.
You can exchange messages with the client using the “Messages” tab : from here you can send a new message : then a notification email will be sent to customer and your message will be added to the thread.
The “History” tab lists every events related to the RMA, an entry is added when :
- RMA status changes
- Customer or admin is notified
- A product is refunded
- A product is returned back in stock
Status managementOnce you are in a RMA, you can manage RMA using the statuses :
- Draft : you are creating the RMA, it is not visible for customer
- Requested : customer sent a return request, it is pending admin approval
- Accepted : you accepted the return, customer must print the return form (from its customer account or using the link into the email sent)
- Processing : you received the products, you are going to process them
- Complete : you have processed the RMA (you processed refunds)From the above screen of RMA you will be able to print, send e-mail and PROCESS
Finalize the order returnThis is the final step for a RMA. TO process a RMA, go within the RMA and click on the “Process” button.Then a new screen is displayed where you can select the actions to performed :For each product, you can decide the quantity to put back to stock, and the quantity to refund. Note : you can not refund a product if it has NOT been invoiced.You can decide to refund shipping using the “Yes / No” drop down menuLast, you can change the amount refunded using the adjustment textboxes : “Refund fee” and “Refund adjustment”Every time you change a refund option, the Total refunded is updated at the bottom.Once everything is done, you can click on button “Complete RMA” to perform the selected actions. Then the RMA status goes to “Complete” and the customer receives and emailThere are 2 process methods in RMA:
- Process a refundThis screen has the basic information about the product name, reason for return, request, comments, quantity to return, price paid.As an example in the below image, The reason for the Return is the product with wrong size. So it can be added to the stock again and refund a new product with correct size to the customer.On the return dropdown choose the quantity and warehouse. Then fill the refund columns and click on Complete return. Then the status will be changed to complete and the customer receives an email and the returned product will be added to the stock.
- Process an exchangeThis screen is same as the process a refund one, with an additional checkbox in the exchange column.If you tick this checkbox, a new pop up will be displayed allowing you to select which product exchange the current one with.Then, select a product to exchange with and finally choose the shipping method.Click on complete to finalize the exchange process.