Everything starts with Warehouse configuration. By default, 1 warehouse is created.
If you wish to rename it, select menu Inventory > Warehouses, click on the warehouse, update the name and save.
Understand the different stock levels
If you go in a product view, you'll see 4 different stock levels :
- On hand : this is the quantity you have in the warehouse (also called Physical quantity)
- To ship : quantity to ship to customers
- Reserved : quantity of the product which is already allocated to sales orders
- Available : quantity in stock you can sell
These stock levels are changed when :
- On hand : updated when you ship and order (decreased) or receive a purchase order (increased)
- To ship : updated when a new order is imported, when an order is shipped or canceled
- Reserved : updated when a new order is imported, when an order is shipped or canceled
- Available : updated when quantity on hand / to ship changes
If you wish to initialize stock levels, you have 2 options :
- Import from a csv file : select menu Wizard and click on wizard Data Import > Stock and location. Then follow the guide
- Import from a CMS : select menu Integrations > Manage integrations, click on your integration, select tab "Feeds" and click on button "Run now" next to feed "Import stock level"
Update single stock
The best way to update stock is to use stock movements : select menu products and click on your product. From the "Configuration" tab, you can create a stock movement
You can also update stock from menu Inventory > Bulk editor : search product, update quantity and save !
If you need to transfer large quantities of products, the stock transfer
is the best option :
- Create a new transfer from menu Inventory > Stock transfer
- Select the source and target warehouse, save
- Add products in the transfer
- Print the transfer (PDF)
- Apply the transfer to move the quantities
Stock control / Stock take
If you need to check stock levels, several options :
- Create a Stock take, scan products and apply to update quantities
- You can also use the BMS Mobile application to quickly scan a product and check / update quantity
- If you dont have a android phone with built in barcode scanner, you can use the barcode inventory feature with "Manual adjustment" mode
Track stock changes
To check logs of stock changes, select menu "Product", search and click on the product and select tab "Stock movements"
You'll see an history of every stock movements done for the product :
Quick Start - Orders
Orders are imported from CMS and MarketPlace, you can not create new order in Connect. Order list The list of orders is available in menu Sales > Orders : Order status follows this workflow : Pending : order has been placed but is not paid / valid ...
Quick Start - Integrations
Integrations are used by Connect to communicate with stores like Magento, Shopify, Prestashop. Global schema Whatever CMS you use, the global schema is always the same : Use your CMS to : Create products, update product information Get orders Use ...
Quick Start - Procurement
Procurement includes the following features : Suppliers management Attach products to suppliers Purchasing recommendations (supply needs) Purchase orders management. Suppliers You can manage suppliers from menu Purchasing > Suppliers. You can mass ...
Quick Start - General
Your account To manage your subscription and download invoices, you must create your account on our Portal subscription Get support All resources are available from the "Question mark" icon in the top right corner : Select tab "Knowledge base" to ...
Quick Start - Products
Products are imported and updated from your CMS, you can not create a product in Connect. Product list is available from menu "Products", clicking on a row brings you to the Product detail view. Here are the main details available from the product ...